- Flathead screwdriver
- 24829 Gear Case Kit
- Phillips screwdriver
- Precision Phillips screwdriver
- Remove garage door opener cover (4 flathead screw)
- Use vice grip to unscrew bottom handle from gear.
- Remove gear assembly from chain.
- Remove wires threaded into old gear case kit.
- Remove switch (2 precision Phillips screws).
- Remove two screws from circuit board.
- Remove top 3 screws to remove old gear case kit.
- Remove gear case kit from garage door opener.
- Take apart gear case kit (7 Phillips screws)
- Clear grease off.
Repeat the steps in reverse to reassemble.