Skip to content
- Left and Right ReadyMount Strut
- 13mm deep, 14mm, 15mm, 18mm, 19mm socket
- 2 x Rear Shocks
- Vice grip
- 18mm wrench
- Hydraulic jack
- Jack stand
- Open hood.
- Jack up front side of car, remove tire.
- Disconnect brake line with vice grip.
- Disconnect front sway bar end link from strut using 15mm socket and either 18mm wrench or vice grip.
- Detach ABS cable and frame.
- Remove pinch bolt with 18mm socket (and breaker bar).
- Lower steering knuckle with hammer and WD-40.
- While supporting strut, remove three upper mounting nuts with 13mm deep socket.
- Follow steps 2-8 in reverse to add new strut.
- Use hydraulic jack to push steering knuckle into new strut.
- Repeat steps 2-9 for other side.
- Remove tire from rear side.
- Remove interior trim panel from trunk.
- Remove shock absorber upper mounting nut (use vice grip on old shock to allow loosening
- Remove lower mounting bolt
- Add bottom mounting hardware to top of new shock, position top of mount through upper mounting hole.
- Repeat steps 1-4 in reverse to install new shock.
- Repeat for other side of the car.