Fixing Token Authentication in Azure Static Web Apps

I recently moved my app Journally over to an Azure Static Web App in order to save on costs and explore the new technology. When I switched over, I found that anything related to using a bearer token was no longer working.

A little bit of searching found this post, basically saying that Azure Static Web Apps uses the Authorization header when communication between the UI and Function API. Easy solution: I changed Journally to use JournallyAuthorization instead of Authorization, and everything works after that.

Would have been good to have this documented, but nice to at least see there’s a relatively easy fix for it.